IMPORTANT: CITIZENS OF CANADA, THE US, AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES NEED A VISA TO ENTER BRAZIL. The process can take up to three weeks, so be sure to do it soon! Official letters are available from Abraji upon request. Abraji is ready to help expedite the process with the Brazilian Foreign Ministry.
For international visitors traveling to the conference, the Brazilian government recommends a tourist visa. The tourist visa is granted to foreigners who want to visit the country, without the intention of migrating or working.
To apply for a tourist visa, the applicant must individually fill out the Form for Visa Application available in English and in Portuguese, then show up at one of the Brazilian Consular Authorities in his or her country and present the following documents:
• One 3×4 photograph that must be glued to the form;
• Original passport that is valid for at least the next six months;
• Round-trip tickets (ticket reservation and/or a letter from the travel agency);
• International certificate of immunization, when necessary;
• Proof of means for self-support (bank account, credit card or other documents that can guarantee the traveler’s financial resources)
• In case of participation in events, in addition to the previous requirements, the applicant must present a letter from the organization confirming the conditions described in the mentioned norm, and attesting the responsibility for the return of the visitor to his or her country of origin;
• Fees vary according to country of origin.
For more information, please check with your nearest Brazilian embassy or consulate.